Saturday 1 March 2014

February Cards

February, the month of LOVE!  And I have got to say, I loved making these cards!  It is so much more personal to make a card for someone, as opposed to just buying one off the shelf.  The entire time I am creating a card, I am thinking about the person that it is for.  It's pretty awesome!

So far, so good with this resolution.  Next month could be a little tough though.  I'm not trying to make excuses (ok, maybe I am), it's just that having a baby usually takes time away from crafting, right?  I guess I gotta go make some cards before my son decides to make his arrival into the world...
  
This one was made for my 3 year old niece.  Her parents call her their "little monster", so I thought it would be appropriate.  
I was pretty nervous with this one... It was for my mother-in-law who is pretty much a crafting genius.  I figured it was better to go simple and clean, then to try and do something over the top.  What do you think?

This one was for the love of my life, and I loved being able to make it for him.

My oldest brother has more ties and suits then any person I have ever met!  His jobs have usually required a nice tie, but even on his days off he seemed to find an "excuse" to wear one.  I don't often get opportunities to tease him, so I just had to... You know how it is with siblings :).

Oh, and here's the inside.  I followed this tutorial to make each of the origami ties.  I love trying new techniques!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...