Monday 26 August 2013

Easy Cauliflower Soup with Homemade Wheat Bread

I have been feeling all sorts of domestic lately.  Maybe it's the rainy weather that brings the inner domestic diva out, I don't know.  For example, just the other day I cleaned the entire house, washed the dog, did all the laundry, cooked dinner, spent lots of time with my daughter and husband, and I even fit in a workout.  I mean, who does that all in one day?!  This weather must be doing weird stuff to me.

Anyway, back to the original purpose of this post...

I wanted to share some recipes with you that I used during one of my days of domestic-ness:  Homemade wheat bread, and Cauliflower soup.  Yummm!

The rainy weather has really made me crave soup.  Yes, it is still in the mid 90's outside even with the rain, but for some reason I think when it rains your are almost obligated to eat some kind of soup.  My poor husband is so patient with all of my crazy food ideas.  I guess this recipe will be perfect for the fall temperatures that should be coming soon...



Easy Cauliflower Soup

Ingredients
1 large head of cauliflower (broken into pieces)
1 large onion (chopped)
4 cups chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

-  Put the cauliflower, onion, and chicken broth into a large stock pot and let simmer until cauliflower is soft (about 20-25 min).
-  Blend everything until smooth using a stick (immersion) blender or by transferring the contents of the pot to a regular blender.  (I'm not fancy enough to have an immersion blender, so I just used my cheapo regular plastic blender.  It worked great!!)
-  Return contents to pot, and season with salt and pepper.
  
Yup, that's it!  So easy.  We garnished our soup with some sharp cheddar cheese, and it was oh-so-delicious!!!  Easy, healthy, and delicious!


No soup is complete without some warm fresh bread.  And this soup paired perfectly with a whole wheat bread recipe I found by Kristin at Big Box Detox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...